Before you grab that afternoon cup of coffee, those sugary sodas & energy drinks, or candy bars from the vending machine give these healthy snack alternatives a try. These will keep you focused AND energized the entire day and not leave you feeling sluggish!
- Almonds -Great source of healthy fats and proteins giving you a mental boost of energy keeping your brain more alert.
- Fresh Fruit – Eat them as are or blend them into a smoothie. Blueberries can help your focus while strawberries can help turn fat to energy. Add some yogurt in there to help regulate the release of energy.
- Whole Grains – Healthy whole grains give your body sustained energy.
- Leafy Greens – Dark leafy vegetables are loaded with iron. Iron improves concentration levels.
- Water – Carry a refillable water bottle with you go to keep your body hydrated and refueled.
Source: Juice Plus