I found some healthy Halloween treat ideas and thought I’d share 🙂
sliced toasted almonds
Simply paste the almonds on the tip of the carrots with a dab of cream cheese. Dip in your favorite veggie dip!
YIELD Makes 8 servings
|1||cup nut butter (cashew, almond or peanut butter)|
- Place apple, stem side up, on cutting board. Cut away 2 halves from sides of apple, leaving 1-inch-thick center slice with stem and core. Discard core slice. Cut each half round in half. Then cut each apple quarter into two wedges using a crinkle cutter. Each apple will yield 8 wedges.
- Spread 2 teaspoons nut butter on wide edge of apple slice. Top with another crinkled edge apple slice, aligning crinkled edges to resemble jaws. Insert almond slivers to make fangs.
a block of cheddar cheese
red seedless grapes
blue corn tortilla chips.
- Cut your block of cheddar cheese into cubes (make sure they are at least 1?x1? to provide a stable base so your Bat Bite doesn’t tip over) and place on serving dish/platter/tray – arrange 3″ apart.
- Remove grapes from stem, wash and dry. Insert toothpicks into bottom of each grape (where the hole is from the stem.)
- Cut a tiny slit in both sides of grape (just big enough to insert the pointy tip of a chip) and gently insert chip (wing) into each slit.
- Insert “toothpick bat” into cube of cheese. Repeat until all are assembled and serve.
– See more at: www.partybluprintsblog.com
30 fresh strawberries
8 ounces white baking chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening
1/8 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup miniatrue semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5 minutes.
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.